Today’s Word: income

October 15, 2018 =========

☆  income  収入


Your income is the money that you earn or receive from your company for working. In Australia, owning your own home is the “Australian Dream” but the house prices are very high as we are in a property boom. There are often news articles about families on low incomes and whether they can afford to buy their home or not.

The book on investment that I am currently reading says that 60% of your income should be used for daily expenses – including rent or mortgage. The other 40% of your income should be used for savings and investments. However, like the newspaper articles, this is almost impossible for families on a low income.

How about in Japan? Is it possible for people to buy a house or apartment on any income?